Morgan City under Mayor Egbert’s leadership have set more positive goals in Morgan for 2012. With a new year underway, Mayor Egbert and the city council is not one minute short of setting a standard of excellence and hope for progress in Morgan.
The following are some of the goals hoped to be fulfilled this new year:
• To have feasibility study done, and plans for a hotel in Morgan.
• To upgrade the rest room facilities at Riverside Park.
• To have Splash pad installed by spring or fall.
• To continue ongoing community events that keep the home town feel alive, such as The Car Show, Movies in the Park, (*New) Symphony in the park this July, and Christmas on Commercial Street.
• To keep the budget fiscally conservative, making sure tax dollars are spent in the right way for the betterment of everyone in community.
• Economic Development for the whole of Morgan County, to establish better economic business base in Morgan.
• To get more businesses involved with the Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber of Commerce is currently working with Morgan County, and Morgan City, and have been meeting for the past 8 months to establish business development goals. The Chamber has many resources available for business owners, and connections to grants and business development plans. Currently there are only a few businesses that meet together with the Morgan Chamber of Commerce, it is the goal of the City for all businesses to join with the Chamber of Commerce , and get involved in the many opportunities available with the chamber.