Due to changes in state legislation (Senate Bill 187), the Weber-Morgan Health Department is required to offer Food Handler Training in a classroom setting or refer to online options. This legislation also requires that we charge a set fee for the permit and a separate fee for the training which increase our current fee.
Beginning Aug. 1, 2013
• Classes will be offered twice a day, Monday through Friday, at 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. on the 2nd Floor of the Weber-Morgan Health Department, 477 23rd Street, Ogden.
• You must pre-register. You can register online at www.webermorganhealth.org or call us at (801) 399-7160.
• You must be on time and attend the entire 75-minute class. Tests will be offered immediately following the training.
• Bring the fee with you when you attend the class.
• Once you pass the test, you will receive a Food Handler Permit that will be accepted throughout the state of Utah.
• Morgan County residents can attend classes in Ogden or call (801) 399-7160 to register for a class taught at our Morgan County office on the second Tuesday of each month.
• Please do not bring unattended children with you to the class.
If you take our test before Aug. 1, you can receive the test and the permit at the current cost. The permit will be good for the next 3 years. For more information, prices and to download a flier for your business, see our website: www.webermorganhealth.org.
The Utah Department of Health is also evaluating online options for Food Handler Permits. Information about online testing will be posted on our website once it is available.