Goldenwest Credit Union is hosting a free Health Care Reform Seminar on May 24. This symposium will provide timely information on how business owners and managers can proactively prepare for the changes and cost increases that will be associated with the Affordable Care Act. Jennifer Danielson, president of Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah, will be the featured speaker at this event.
With the upcoming federal mandates, many business organizations could experience a 30-50 percent premium increase in their health care costs for 2014.
During the seminar, Danielson will provide:
• An overview of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and its impact on business;
• Information regarding the “Pay or Play” provision and how this may impact business;
• How to calculate a full-time employee for purposes of the ACA;
• The general drivers of the costs and fees associated with the ACA and how this may impact business; and,
• A question and answer session with Danielson and other Regence BlueCross BlueShield representatives after the presentation.
Business owners and managers are invited to attend the seminar, as well as human resource directors and others who are decision makers for health care plans and needs.
Goldenwest will hold two sessions of the seminar:
• May 24 at 9 a.m., with check-in and breakfast beginning at 8:30 a.m., or
• May 24 at 12:30 p.m., with check-in and lunch beginning at noon.
Both sessions will be held at the Goldenwest Credit Union Corporate Office at 5025 Adams Avenue in Ogden. To reserve a seat at the free Health Care Reform Seminar, visit our website at https://www.gwcu.org/events/healthcarereform/