22 February, 2013 (All day)
Goldenwest Federal Credit Union recently released financial results for 2012.
“In 2012, Goldenwest had its strongest year for growth since 2009,” said Kerry H. Wahlen, president and CEO. “We ended the year with net income increasing to $12 million and a strong return on assets of 1.51 percent.”
Highlights from 2012 include:
• Net income increased from $6.2 million to $12 million, with return on assets growing from 0.81 percent to 1.51 percent during the year.
• Capital ratio increased from 11.31 percent to 12.3 percent of assets in reserve.
• Consumer loans grew by $20.7 million, resulting in an overall 4.68 percent annual increase.
• Assets increased $35.1 million, capping the year with $813,788,539 in total assets.
• Delinquency declined from 0.68 percent to 0.30 percent during a 12-month period.
• Real estate owned decreased 28 percent in the last year to $1.8 million.
• Net charge-offs decreased from 1.77 percent to 0.43 percent.
• Membership grew by 4.03 percent to 87,126.
• Branch locations grew from 18 to 20, with new offices in Lehi and Centerville.
“It’s been a solid year for performance and growth at Goldenwest,” said Bill Hart, Board Chairman. “We appreciate the support from our members, as well as the efforts of our management team.”
Founded in 1936, the Ogden-based credit union operates 20 branches with offices in Weber, Morgan, Davis, Salt Lake, Utah and Washington Counties. The credit union recently announced plans to open their 21st office, which will be a free-standing branch located in Bountiful at 2100 South Orchard Avenue. Goldenwest is a leading provider of consumer loans, mortgages, free checking services and deposit products throughout Utah.