In the council meeting on Tuesday, the city updated the capital improvement plan. The changes document the city’s intent for spending capital dollars. When the city applies for grants it is often essential that the project be on the city’s plan to be considered. The plan does not commit the city to spending, but rather flags the potential programs the city may invest in. The following were the updates:
1. Riverside Park as a high priority item to update the bathrooms, purchase and install an updated playground facility, and install additional sidewalks $250,000.
2. Davis Applied Technology Entrepreneurial Center - $300,000.
3. Industrial Park planning and development - $500,000.
4. Provision for improvements needed for a Hotel - $50,000
5. Commercial Street Improvements - $250,000
6. Sewer Improvements - $500,000
These items were approved unanimously by the council and will now go to the Council of Governments (the meeting of the city, county, and school district) next month.