What was the last book you read?
What are you reading now?
Would you recommend it?
Why or why not?
If you are always asking friends for book recommendations, the Morgan County Library is pleased announce something new at the library. We will now be featuring the Top Ten Favorite Books of members of our community with a new list each month.
This month, Anne Anderson, owner and publisher of The Morgan County News shares just some of her favorite books with us. She states her list of favorite books can not be limited to ten only. More of her favorite titles will be printed at a later date. Following are just some of the books she has read and loved:
1. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
2. Dearest Friend: a Life of Abigail Adams by Lynne Withey
3. From Malaga to the Mountain by Robert E. Jones
4. Ghost Soldiers: the Epic Account of WW II’s Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides
5. Sophie’s World: a Novel About the History of Philosophy by Jostein Gaarder
6. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
7. The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
8. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
9. Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
10. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Come see us at the Morgan County Library to check out her suggestions.