Congrats to Kimberly Carter Rich (Facebook) and Brittany Kuhner (Instagram) for being the first to correctly identify the last Hunt for History location: Morgan Liquor (133 Commercial St). Check out this week’s photo clue below and participate in the Hunt for History! All correct answers get entered into our grand prize drawing. The first to correctly identify wins a prize. See below for full list of rules.
133 Commercial Street was built around 1917. The earliest photo we have available shows that it was the Mint Saloon in those early years. With prohibition entering the state it is unclear how long the Saloon lasted. At one point is was a Pool Hall. During the time that it was The Sportique, it was a filming location for the cult classic film Troll 2. Lynn Boyce, the owner says they paid her around $200. She says it ended up not being worth it since they left her shop in poor condition. Many businesses have occupied this location over the years, some of which include Country Heart Beats Boutique, Halo, and Glassed Up!. Morgan Liquor currently resides in this beautifully remodeled building.
Week 15 Answer – Morgan Liquor Week 16 – Clue
Join the Morgan County Historical Society as we Hunt for History each week through the end of 2018 as we celebrate Morgan City’s Sesquicentennial.
Here are the rules:
1. Must Correctly Identify Building – (either by business name, or address). First to identify gets prize (Book, Pin, or Ornament) and name put into Grand Prize Drawing. All others who identify also get name put in drawing for Grand Prize ($50).
2. Entries must be submitted between Friday 6pm and Monday 12pm. Early or late submissions will not be counted.
3. All buildings are located in Morgan City and the architectural detail can be seen from the public right of way. No Trespassing on Private property. All buildings are commercial or public, no private homes.
4. Limit one entry per person, per week.
5. Limit 3 prizes (after 3 prizes the winner will get their name put in twice for the Grand Prize Drawing).
6. Grand Prize Drawing will be held at the end of the year.
Call or email your answer to Rachel Turk at the Historical Society. (801)845-6085 or email@example.com Please include your name, answer and phone number when you call.